Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Secret Beach






Wes took the kids to Secret Beach a couple of weekends ago while I got to stay home and study. Secret Beach isn't very far away, but you do have to hike down (more like scale a cliff) and with kids, it is a bit more challenging. Our neighbor went as well while her boyfriend studied. She brought her friend's daughter, Coletta.



Jillian is still not willing to get too deep in the water, but she still enjoys the ocean. In this picture: Melanie (neighbor)






Here, the girls are having hermit crab races. I'm not exactly sure how it works, but I think they draw this circle in the sand and put their hermit crabs in the middle and whoever gets out first, wins.






The girls are giving us their "silly" pose. This kind of looks like the Little Mermaid rock to me.



This is on the top of the cliff that they had to walk down. The island is very beautiful and we plan on exploring a lot more over the break between semesters. Maybe next time I can actually go to Secret Beach.

Wes is checking out a cave. I'm not so sure I would have been in it...doesn't look like very much room in there. He did get stung by something, but doesn't know what it was...no adverse side effects.


We'll keep you posted on our future adventures.




No comments:

Post a Comment